There are 6 item(s) tagged with the keyword "appraisal".
- Displaying: 1 - 6 of 6
- 1. Are Boats and Aircraft subject to property taxes?
Boats and airplanes are taxable and appraised annually.
- 2. How is Business Personal Property appraised?
Unlike real property, business personal property is reappraised annually. The owners of all businesses must file a property statement each year detailing costs of all supplies, equipment, fixtures and real estate (if any) at each location.
- 3. Are Mobile homes subject to property taxes?
All new mobile homes purchased after June 30, 1980, and those on permanent foundations, are subject to property taxes.
- 4. What is a Preliminary Change-in-Ownership Report?
State law requires the property owner to file this form with the County Recorder when recording certain documents
- 5. What is New Construction?
Copies of all building permits are sent to the Assessor's Office by the cities and County. If the construction is new (such as a room addition), a reappraisal is required. If the construction is for replacement, repair, or maintenance, a reappraisal is not required.
- 6. When is real property reappraised?
Under State law (Proposition 13), real property is reappraised only when a change-in-ownership occurs, or upon completion of new construction.