Under the direction of the Board of Supervisors, County Administrative Officer Michael C. Spata and his staff are responsible for the day-to-day operations of the County, serve as the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, and prepare the annual budget for the County. Through the coordination of Departmental activities, the County Administrative Office works to resolve differences among Departments and ensures that County government operates effectively and efficiently.
Departmental Core Functions
- Oversee all County operations and functions assuring that Board policies are carried out in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Interpret, recommend, and implement all Board policies.
- Forecast and formulate short and long-range County plans through strategic planning and the annual budget.
- Review and monitor County budgets, services, and programs.
- Oversee preparation of Board of Supervisors meeting agendas and minutes, maintain all official records, and support the Assessment Appeals Board as Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.
In addition to its Core Functions, the County Administrative Officer and staff:
- Review, monitor, and prepare recommendations to Federal and State legislation.
- Review and oversee Countywide position allocation.
- Manage Capital Projects and Major Maintenance.
- Manage General Services and Purchasing.
- Administer contracts as directed by the Board of Supervisors.