Literacy Program Seeks Volunteers
Tulare County’s Read to Succeed Library Literacy Center is looking for adult volunteers to help other adults learn to read, get a GED or be able to read to their children. This program serves all Tulare County adult residents. A training class will be held July 26 from 9 a.m. to noon for prospective tutors. To find out more or to sign up for training, call 559-713-2745.
• At least 20 years of age, with the ability to speak, read and write well in English.
• Ability to be sensitive, patient, and respectful of our learner’s situations and goals.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Commitment to providing a positive and supportive environment for one’s learner.
• Completion of tutor training, and participation in ongoing training as needed.
• Willingness to become a partner, not an instructor.