Supervisors Approve Salary Increase Proposal for Unrepresented Employees
Tulare County employees in unrepresented bargaining groups will receive salary increases starting in July, the Board of Supervisors announced today.
A $1.7 million salary increase proposal for Tulare County’s employees in unrepresented bargaining groups was approved unanimously by the Board of Supervisors during today’s meeting.
The last time similar salary adjustments were granted was December 2008. Of the $1.7 million included in the salary increase proposal, $530,000 would be spent from the General Fund.
There are 540 employees in unrepresented bargaining groups, which include the Board of Supervisors, county elected officials, confidential clerical workers, professionals, mid-management, executive management/department heads, probation management, and assistant department heads.
With today’s approval, the following employees will receive salary increases:
- The Board of Supervisors would receive a 3 percent increase, effective 60 days after adoption of the annual budget.
- Unrepresented employees would receive a 3 percent increase, effective July 14, 2013.
- Probation Officer-Supervisors would receive a 4 percent increase, effective July 14, 2013 and 4 percent equity adjustment on January 26, 2014.
- County Elected Officials would receive a 3 percent increase, upon adoption of annual budget.
- The positions of Chief Deputy County Counsel, Attorney-Supervisors, Attorney-Supervisor (At Will), Attorney Civil V, and Attorney-Chief Child Support would receive an additional 2 percent equity adjustment effective January 26, 2014.
The proposed increase is just one of a few agreements reached with different bargaining groups this year.
For example, the following bargaining groups have already reached agreements on June 11 with the County:
- The Tulare County District Attorney Investigators Association (TCDAIA) employees will receive a 3 percent increase effective July 14, 2013.
- The Government Lawyers Association of Workers (G-LAW) employees will receive a 3 percent salary increase effective August 11, 2013. In addition, Attorney V’s in that group will receive an additional 2 percent salary increase effective January 26, 2014.
Other bargaining units whose contracts expire this year include: Tulare County Corrections Association (TCCA); United Auto Workers (UAW); District Attorney Criminal Investigators Association Tulare County (DACIATC); and Professional Association of Tulare County Physicians (PATCOP). It is anticipated that contract agreements for these bargaining units will be brought to the Board of Supervisors in July.
Bargaining units whose contracts expire next year include: Service Employees International Union (SEIU); Tulare County Professional Firefighters Association (TCPFA); Professional Law Enforcement Managers Association (PLEMA); and the Tulare County Deputy Sheriff’s Association (TCDSA).