January 11, 2019
Agenda Item Template
The Countywide Oversight Board for Tulare County was established in accordance with Health and Safety Code § 34179(j). The purpose of the board is to oversee and direct the Successor Agencies of the former redevelopment agencies in the process of dissolving the former redevelopment agencies in Tulare County.
The board has fiduciary responsibility to the holders of enforceable obligations and the taxing entities that benefit from the distributions of property tax and others revenues (Health and Safety Code § 34179(i)).
Annual meetings will be held in January of each year. Notifications will be posted on this website at least 72 hours prior to the meeting.
Special meetings will be held when needed. Notifications will be posted on this website at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Meetings will be held at this location:
Tulare County Board of Supervisors Chambers
2800 W. Burrel Ave.
Visalia, CA 93291
The Oversight Board consists of 7 members appointed by:
- County Board of Supervisors (2 members, one must be a member of the public)
- City Selection Committee (1 member)
- Independent Special District Selection Committee (1 member)
- Chancellor of the California Community Colleges (1 member)
- County Superintendent of Schools (1 member)
- The recognized employee organization representing the largest number of successor agency employees in Tulare County (1 member)
Board members serve without compensation or reimbursement for expenses.