- California codes and Constitution - Unannotated version of the current text of California's state codes. Users may display the text in a table of contents or search by keyword.
- California Supreme Court and Courts of Appeal opinions - Published and unpublished cases.
- California briefs - The LA Law Library maintains an online repository of California Supreme Court and California Courts of Appeal briefs from 1999-present.
- California legislation - The official site of the legislative branch of California enables users to find bill information from the State Assembly and State Senate from 1993 to the current legislative session. Go to the Clerk of the California State Assembly to read the Assembly's archived journals, histories, and Statutes and Amendments to the Code since 1850.
- California Code of Regulations - The text of the regulations of California's state agencies. Users may view a listing of state agencies, view contents, or search the entire 28 titles (with the exception of Title 24 Building codes).
- California Building Standards Code - the Title 24 Building Codes available in an Adobe read-only format.
- California Attorney General opinions - Full-text searchable opinions dating back to 1985. Searchable by word, phrase, opinion number or yearly index.
- California attorneys - Information on attorneys and services to the public from the State Bar of California.
- California ballot measures - Provided by the U.C. Hastings Law Library, this database is a comprehensive, searchable source of California ballot propositions and initiatives from 1911-present. It includes the full text of individual ballot propositions, related legal and legislative history, and the full ballot pamphlets. For ballot initiatives, it contains the full text of the individual initiatives, accompanying material relating to their filing & qualification, and related official documents.
- California driver education - Free practice tests in English and Spanish for California Department of Motor Vehicle's written examinations.
- California Guideline Child Support calculator - This calculator provides only an estimate and is not a guarantee of the amount of child support that will be ordered. The Court Commissioner or Family Law Judge has the final authority to determine the amount of a child support order.
- CA.gov - State of California's official homepage.
- California county law libraries - The Council of California County Law Librarians welcomes you to your county public law library.
- California jury instructions - The Judicial Council of California has adopted award-winning plain language civil and criminal jury instructions that accurately convey the law using language that is understandable to jurors.
- LawHelp California - A free client-focused website featuring over 450 referrals to free legal aid and court services, as well as sliding scale legal programs and lawyer referral services. The site also hosts links to over 1,800 self-help legal materials.
- LawHelp Interactive - For California, its free Debt Collection Defense System can help those looking to protect their rights from creditor phone calls and lawsuits. The program asks you questions and uses your answers to complete the documents you need.
- Nolo books - Tulare County residents can access the electronic versions of these popular do-it-yourself legal books from home! Enter our two letter state abbreviation CA in the first box and our password TULARE .
- Sacramento County Public Law Library - Our law library colleague has a very informative website filled with helpful guides and forms.
- Statute of Limitations - The period of time during which you can file a lawsuit varies depending on the type of legal claim. Here you will find the statutes of limitations for some common types of legal disputes.
- Victims of Crime Resource Center - Free information on victims' legal rights, an online victim resources directory, and victim-related publications. Users can connect with professional staff and law clerks via live-chat.
- United States Constitution
- United States Code here or here.
- Federal & state court opinions and codes - Searchable by case name, citation, or keyword search the text or you can use The Public Library of Law provided by Fastcase.
- Rules of the Federal courts
- Federal Court Locator - Interactive map for use in locating federal courts in the U.S.
- Supreme Court of the United States - Includes oral arguments and opinions from 1991.
- U.S. Congress - Full-text searchable database of federal bills, public laws, legislative history information, and the Congressional Record.
- Code of Federal Regulations - Searchable database of federal agency regulations by year and keyword or title and section number. The Federal Register is the official daily publication for rules, proposed rules, and notices of Federal agencies and organizations, as well as executive orders and other presidential documents.
- Congressional Research Service - Published CRS Reports by Congress’s think tank provides valuable insight and non-partisan analysis on issues of public debate.
- IRS Reading Room - A comprehensive list of documents and other information available electronically in English and Spanish on the IRS.gov site, listed by subject category.
- PACER - Every free written order and opinion available in PACER. Free Law Project's collection contains approximately 3.4 million orders and opinions from federal district and bankruptcy court cases since 1960. New opinions are downloaded nightly.
LOCAL & GENERAL INFORMATION