Deadlines for filing
PLEASE BE ADVISED: All maps to be processed before the cut off date of December 20 will need to be filed with the Tulare County Assessor's office no later than November 1 of each fiscal year. This will allow for enough time to complete the tax clearance process and file with the CAO’s office. All maps filed after November 1 may or may not be completed by December 20 based on the current work load of the Tax Collector and the Assessor’s office. If the above dates fall on a weekend the preceding Friday will be the cut off date.
Fees due upon filing with the County of Tulare
- Tax Collector Map fee: $131.00 per Parcel
Time line and steps in the Process: THIS PROCESS MAY TAKE UP TO 30 DAYS
- County Assessor Receives, Reviews and Verifies new Map – could take 5 days
- November 1 for completion by December 20. All maps filed after that date there will be no guarantee that the process can be completed in time for filing before the December 20 cut off date.
- No tentative maps will be accepted by the Tax Collectors office. Only completed maps can be filed.
- Assessor's Verification of APN- could take 5days
- Assessor’s Preparation of Estimate – could take 5 days
- Jan – Aug - Prepares estimates for next years annual and/or supplemental taxes
- Sept-Dec- Prepares estimates for supplemental taxes if needed.
- Tax Collector Prepares Invoice– could take 5 days – Invoice will be sent directly by mail to the tax payer. Upon posting of the invoice completion on our web site an additional copy of the invoice can be requested by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Attention Map Clearance in the subject line.
Payment for tax clearance will be accepted in 3 forms of guaranteed funds only:
Cash, Cashier Check or Money Order
If a personal check is received to pay any above annual taxes, estimates and/or fee(s), there will be an additional 30 day waiting period for check to be verified for clearance. If during this 30 day process you have received proof of check clearing your financial institution, you may bring in, mail, or e-mail proof to the Tax Collector at email@example.com Attention Map Clearance in the subject line