Under the direction of the Board of Supervisors, County Administrative Officer Jason T. Britt and his staff are responsible for the day-to-day administration of the County, serve as the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, and prepare the County's annual budget. Additionally, through the coordination of Departmental activities, the County Administrative Office works to ensure that County government operates effectively and efficiently.
Departmental Core Functions
- Oversee County operations and functions assuring that Board policies are carried out in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Interpret, recommend, and implement Board policies.
- Forecast and formulate short and long-range County plans through strategic planning and the annual budget.
- Review and monitor County budgets, services, and programs.
- Oversee preparation of Board of Supervisors meeting agendas and minutes, maintain all official records, and support the Assessment Appeals Board as Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.
In addition to its Core Functions, the County Administrative Officer and staff:
- Review, monitor, and prepare recommendations to Federal and State legislation.
- Review and oversee Countywide position allocation.
- Administer contracts as directed by the Board of Supervisors.