The Tulare County Audit Committee was approved by the Board of Supervisors on January 29, 2013.
The purpose of the Audit Committee is to provide additional accountability and oversight of the County’s financial reporting, internal controls, and monitoring activities.
This committee provides a forum separate from management for auditors and other interested parties to:
- Assess the Auditor’s reports and findings.
- Ensure that the County’s financial reporting practices are independently assessed.
- Inquire of management regarding significant risks and exposure.
- Communicate monitoring results that ensure that adequate corrective action occurs.
The Audit Committee consists of five members:
- Two members of the Board of Supervisors.
- The County Administrative Officer or his/her designee.
- County Counsel or his/her designee.
- One Department Head.
The Chairman of the Board of Supervisors will appoint two Board of Supervisors members. Appointees will sit at the pleasure of the Board of Supervisors. The Department Head will rotate annually.
For more information, contact:
Audit Committee Staff