The Human Resources & Development Department's (HRD) -- Benefits & Wellness Division -- is responsible for administering the employee health benefits, wellness, education and activities and other programs. We are dedicated to assisting employees in understanding and maximizing their use of benefits.
Employee Benefits Division is responsible for:
- Implementing and administering benefit plans including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Long Term Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Long Term Care, and Voluntary Benefits;
- Analyzing and making recommendations related to benefit programs and policies;
- Communicating benefit information to employees;
- Administering COBRA and mandated benefit notices;
- Serving as a liaison between the County and representatives from various health plans, insurance carriers and brokers;
- Coordinating wellness related activities and promoting healthy habits to employees, families and others on the health plans;
Participating in the San Joaquin Valley Insurance Authority (SJVIA). This is a consortium with Fresno County, Tulare County and other agencies in the valley for health insurance.