How do I seal my juvenile record?

1. Do my juvenile records appear on my criminal record?

Yes. Your juvenile records do appear on your criminal record. But, as of your 18th birthday, you are eligible to petition to have your juvenile records sealed. Note that your juvenile records are NOT automatically sealed when you turn 18; you MUST petition the juvenile court to have them sealed. Once your records are sealed, no one can gain access to them and they will be completely destroyed 5 years from the date of sealing. You MUST contact the court in the county you were convicted or complete the attached form (Juvenile Expungement Form) and submit it to the probation department for processing.