What are the Debris Removal Programs that are available to me? 

There are two debris removal programs available to residents affected by the SQF Complex Fire:

1) State Sponsored Debris Removal Program; and 

2) Alternative Fire Debris Removal Program through Tulare County Environmental Health Division

Click here for more information on these two programs. 


How do I know which Debris Removal Plan is right for me?

Click here for a link to help decide which program is right for you


I don't have any burned structures on my property but I do have burned trees. Am I eligible for the State's Debris Removal Program?

Yes. Whether or not you have a burned structure, if you believe you have trees on your property that are dead or likely to die within five years as a result of the fire, you should submit a Right of Entry form. The State will use a certified arborist to determine whether the trees on your property present a threat to the public Right of Way, i.e. roadways, and/or public infrastructure, fire hydrants, water meters, etc.  


After I turn in a ROE to Tulare County, what happens next?

First, Tulare County staff will review your ROE and ensure if has been filled out correctly. We will also cross check property records to verify that you are the property owner. Afterwards, the ROE will be transferred to the State's debris task force for processing and scheduling. 


Who will pay for the debris removal for the State's Consolidated Debris Removal Program?

All upfront costs will be paid by state and federal agencies. However, if property owners have homeowners insurance covering debris removal, owners must inform local officials by indicating coverage on your ROE. Homeowners will be required to remit that portion of their insurance proceeds specifically reserved for debris. 


If I have homeowners insurance, can I still participate in the debris removal program?

Yes. However, to avoid duplication of benefits provided by state or federal government, your insurance company will be required to provide payment from your policy designated for debris removal to the government. 


What is the Deadline to Apply for FEMA Disaster Assistance

The deadline to register for Federal Assistance programs has closed. The deadline was December 11th by 5:00 p.m. PST. 


FEMA has determined that I am not eligible for housing assistance. Why is that? Is there anything I can do?

Yes. Click here for a document which will explain what options are available to you.  Some common reasons why you may have been determined ineligible are: 

  • No inspection

  • Insured

  • No proof of occupancy

  • Insufficient damage

  • No initial relocation 

If you have questions about your denial, you can still contact the FEMA Assistance number at: 800-621-3362.


My property suffered damages from the fire. Can I get my property value re-assessed?  

If you own property such as a cabin that has suffered at least $10,000 in damage caused by the SQF Complex Fire in the Sequoia and Kings Canyon National parks and the Springville area, you may be eligible to receive property tax relief. 

Click Here to download an Application for Reassessment of Property Damaged or Destroyed by Misfortune of Calamity. Applications must be filled with the Assessor within 12 months of the date of the calamity.


My home has been damaged or lost. What insurance resources are available?

Wildfire evacuees may be eligible for cost reimbursement from their insurance company. Click here for more information.

Click here for insurance resource to help recent wildfire victims.

More detailed information can also be found on the State of California, Department of Insurance website. Click here to visit their website.

The State of California, Department of Insurance has a hotline set up: (800) 927-4357. Assistance is available in multiple languages. 


I never expected to be in this situation and suddenly I have anxiety. How can I protect my emotional well-being?

After a wildfire, you may feel sad, mad, guilty, or numb. These are all normal reactions to stress. Talk to a psychologist, social worker, or professional counselor if you need help coping. There are supportive and knowledgeable staff to support you at the Tulare County Warm Line 1-877-306-2413 you can also Tulare County Mental Health Info Line at 1-800-320-1616. You may also want to contact your general physician.


What can I expect on the roads?

Please drive more slowly than normal.

Be alert for broken traffic lights and missing street signs.

Watch out for debris on the road.


My property has gone through the debris removal process and the state is now removing hazard trees. Can I have more information about this process and the debris removal process overall?

You can view "CALOESSouthBranch-HazardTreeRemovalFAQ-ADA.pdf" at: