The California Board of State and Community Corrections (BSCC) works in collaboration with local corrections systems to improve the professional competence of local corrections staff in California.
- Establishing minimum selection and training standards
- Administering the Corrections Training Fund
- Monitoring for compliance with standards
- Developing core training curricula for entry-level staff
- Administering a training course certification process
- Providing program support and technical assistance to local corrections systems
- Providing training in selected curriculum