Location: Orosi Area
Incident Date: 9-16-15
Case Number: 15-60889
Victim: State of California
Posted by: Media Relations
A large-scale marijuana grow operation has been shut down this week in the community of Orosi. Personnel with Tulare County Sheriff's Department STEP / Narcotics Units/ Jails/Patrol/Sheriff’s Aerial Unit and the Resource Management Agency worked together to serve 10 search warrants in the Orosi area over a two day span.
After receiving numerous citizen complaints about marijuana grows in the Orosi community that was possibly affecting their water shortage, Detectives conducted an investigation and Search warrants were obtained for each site and on September 16th they were served.
During the operation Detectives eradicated 3,093 marijuana plants. In addition, 15 guns/rifles were taken as evidence, two were found to be stolen. $11,478 in US currency was seized as evidence, and 14 grams of Methamphetamine, 3oz of Hash, 8oz of Kief and approximately 60 lbs of partially processed Marijuana, and 4 lbs of fully processed marijuana were also located. If the marijuana plants would have been allowed to mature and yielded at minimum one pound of processed marijuana, the estimated street value of the marijuana would be $3,093,000 dollars.
Seventeen subjects were arrested and found to be illegally cultivating marijuana and in possession of marijuana for sales.
1. Khamsengchanh Kiaosouvath (47 YOA) Visalia area
2. Phouvangmal Senechalensouk (48 YOA) Visalia area
3. Fernando Ortega Gomez (32 YOA) Fresno area
4. Gonzalo Botello Ramirez (67 YOA) Orange Cove area
5. Patricio Farias Jaimes (42 YOA) Farmersville area
6. Eugenio Diaz (60 YOA) Dinuba area
7. Venancio Correa (39 YOA) Orosi area
8. Guillermo Jimenez (38 YOA) Orange Cove area
9. Jose Botello (45 YOA) Orange Cove area
10. Jose Luna (68 YOA) Orange Cove area
11. Alfonso Delgado Sierra (46 YOA) Orosi Area
12. Ignacio Madriz (59 YOA) Orosi area
13. Felix Carreto (54 YOA) Orosi area
14. See Rai Channoi (60 YOA) Fresno area
15. Bob Nanthavongdouangsy (33 YOA) Fresno area
16. Saydang Lo (36 YOA) Fresno area
17. Vicente Chavez (64 YOA) Orange Cove area
An Average outdoor marijuana plant can consume approximately 5 gallons of water per day. Considering California’s current water crisis, the total marijuana plants seized were consuming approximately 15,465 gallons of water per day.
Questions regarding this and other details should be directed to the Employee and Public Relations Unit. They can be reached by calling 559-636-4695 or by emailing email@example.com.