Tulare County Seal

Tulare County

Office of the Assessor/Clerk-Recorder

Non-Profit Exemption

The welfare exemption is jointly administered by the Board of Equalization (BOE) and the Tulare County Assessor / Clerk-Recorders Office.

  • BOE determines whether the organization is eligible to receive the exemption
  • The Assessor determines whether the use of the property is eligible for the exemption.
  • Before the Assessor can approve the exemption, the organization must apply for and BOE must issue an Organization Clearance Certificate. Property owned by a limited partnership must also obtain a Supplemental Clearance Certificate from the BOE.